Thursday 1 April 2010

It wasn't an April Fool after all!



I drove 7 1/2 hours straight, we still missed our ferry and had to get the next one 5 hours later, it was ok, I cooked a nice ratatouille and we sorted our things out a bit...
We got on the ferry and had coffee and a cold, cold nap :( At the end of the journey in typical Do My Bidding! style we couldn't find the ambulance! We didn't think about remembering which level or which colour section we were parked on, so many embarrassing minutes later we were off again. Belgium is apparently populated by no one apart from truckers, I have never seen so many trucks in all my life and the roads are shite..
At the moment we are in an internet cafe in Amsterdam, I am highly traumatised by the ridiculous road system. I nearly killed a cyclist, I drove down a tram lane which I then had to reverse back down and 3 point turn out of and after that I drove down the wrong side of the road because I was flustered :( The sat nav told me to go down and it is such chaos here that I assumed it was a road too... :@
I want to cry, we spent at least an hour and a half driving round looking for a parking space only to find it is 5euro an hour to park. A quick poo and coffee and we are leaving!!
Got ourselves some nice cake to calm me down later though..
We are heading off to Teckomatorp next, keep watching the chaos unfold.
P.S To all the people I April fooled;
I am not sorry!!!
:P

No comments:

Post a Comment